Monday, November 3, 2008

Am I the only one????

I'm tired. I'm tired of all the political CRAP. (sorry Tiffany..I should watch my mouth!). The election is tomorrow and it can't come soon enough! At this point who cares??? I feel like the line between the political parties is so thin anyway that it ends up like this:



Anyway, enough of that.  When I get frustrated or depressed or I just happen to be breathing there is one thing that ALWAYS makes me feel better:

Yep...Dr. Pepper always makes me happy.  Ahh...the sweet nectar!!! Screw the politicians!  Heck, if one of the candidates was handing out Dr. Pepper from Sonic (Sonic is the best when it comes to soda.  They have the best ice and the styrofoam cup keeps it cold and icy longer...not that it makes a difference.  It's usually gone pretty fast) I would probably vote for them.  Kidding...kind of.  

Also, there is one more thing that makes me happy: 

It's Music.  Is there nothing better than blaring music in the car and singing along.  There's a reason why I do it alone.  It would be cruel and unusual punishment if others were around.  But, it's fun.  Now, combine music and a Dr. Pepper from Sonic and you've got something pretty great!

9 comments:

Heather said...

I too get so sick of the politics. I just want the voting to get over with. I feel like this time is so divisive and people get mean, stubborn, and there is very little understanding. I don't believe that there are still people who are truly undecided. I must agree that I think a really great soda (diet pepsi for me) make things so much better. I was telling Patrick just the other day that if he brought me a soda right out of bed he would probably have a happy wife all of the time. Another thing that I love is getting outside and away from everyone and everything. When I am out in nature and no one else is around I feel like I can forget that I am not the only person here.

Kim said...

I don't get the Dr. Pepper thing AT ALL. I know I'm opening a can of worms here because pretty much everyone I know LOVES it, but I think it's gross.

I do however LOVE sonic ice!

I also totally get the music thing. Music makes everything better. I also blare the music in the car and sing along. Woo Hoo!

LauraB said...

Who cares?? Are you serious?? Well, let's just see how much you care when you have a six-pack of Dr. Pepper and somebody MAKES you give 3 of those to someone else who sits on their behind at home while you're busting yours to pay for your six-pack of Dr. Pepper. (I'm all for charity, I'm just as much for agency, though.)

Kim said...

That was a great comment Laura. You pretty much summed up exactly how I feel. Especially the charity and agency part. Forced charity isn't charity at all.

Teresa said...

Well said Laura!

AZ Hey-mon said...

KIm- I do NOT like Dr. Pepper. I think it tastes like medicine. yuk!

My sis in law was so addicted to the Sonic ice and cups that my brother bought her an ice machine that makes the same ice and the huge box of styromfoam cups and lids. Crazy!

I am glad the election is over. I just wish that we had had 2 better choices.

Sheri said...

I like Laura's comment.

I too like music and Dr. Pepper. You've got great taste! (Although you really should clean up your mouth a little)

Tim said...

1/2 Root Beer + 1/2 Dr. Pepper =

MMMMmmmmmmmmmMmmMmmMMMmmmmm.

Tim said...

Or you can do it right, and just get a Cream Soda.