Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Update...

Well, well, well...how long has it been? Depending on who I'm asking, it has either been too long or not long enough. For those of you that have been on me about posting, I'm sorry. I just wanted to take the opportunity for those of you that have been wondering how Kim is doing. She is a trooper. A cranky trooper, but a trooper nonetheless. For those of you that don't know, last Friday Kim was playing volleyball at the church with a few of the girls/ladies from the ward and stake. She was there maybe 15 minutes and was going hard for a ball and "snap", she tore her right calf. At first she didn't realize it was her, but then quickly realized that she was the one she heard. Yea, she says it hurts as much as you think.
She has been stuck in this house pretty much full-time, with a couple short breaks at her mom's. She's stir crazy. She cannot be doing nothing! She ALWAYS has to be doing something and it's driving her nuts. I have to force her to stay off her leg. I have to force her to use the crutches or cane. She is stubborn. I know that this is so hard for you to imagine, especially for those who know her, but she is :-) There isn't much that can be done to heal, except rest and patience. The muscle will reattach itself and then she should be good to go.

Thanks to all that wished her well and took the time out to help. It is appreciated.

As for Heather, I am working on my 6 things and will be posting that shortly.


By the way, on a side note, is there anyone more annoying on the face of the earth than this person? I swiftly and boldly say NAY!

11 comments:

Sheri said...

There is one person more annoying...BRITNEY SPEARS! It's bad choice after bad choice. O.k. maybe Britney isn't annoying - maybe she's just a trainwreck.

Do you like how I commented on your blog but had nothing to say?

Sheri said...

Oh yeah, and I did want to say that I hope Kim is getting better. Any injury sucks, but especially one that hinders you from walking. That really SUCKS! I bet she's impossible to live with - Ian was! (just joking - I know Kim is much more even tempered than Ian)

Brian said...

Sound like you are in a good mood, Sheri! Feisty.

Teresa said...

Poor Kim. I hope you are feeling better soon. Take advantage of your husband and make him wait on you while you are healing!

ducklips said...

Oh, that is so sad! Would she kill me if I dropped by unannounced and brought her something to cheer her up?

Brian said...

Yes. She loves you but has been unable to do the things around the house that need to get done, and I am only useful to a point.

Merilee said...

How long has Kim been injured? That is so horrible! Heal better soon Kim.

Merilee said...

oh yeah, who is that annoying lady?

Brian said...

Mer, apparently you are not a "So You Think You Can Dance" fan, like all the women here...

Trina said...

Kim, I did not know this injury was so time consuming. What can I do to help. I thought you were done and out with the calf thing.
Seriously, let me know!

LauraB said...

Hey, Kim - I'm done traveling around the countryside and over my creeping crud. Can I do something for you? Take or pick up Joe from school? Need me to vacuum or mop? Keep Brian away for you for a few days?? (Just kidding, I'm sure he's a BIG help...hopefully.)