Sunday, June 8, 2008

Fried...


Unfortunately, our computer is fried. Last night Kim was playing Zuma and the computer died. It is now in the trusted hands of the Geek Squad and hopefully they can restore our livelyhood. Kim is distraught as a majority of her pictures that she so desparately cherishes were not as of yet backed up. HOPEFULLY they can be retrieved. The initial diagnosis is a bad hard drive. If that's the case, I'm going to push for a new iMAC rather than pour money into a dying machine. So, we apologize for not posting and for Kim not being able to post her photo-a-day. If you're wondering how I am posting this, I am on an unnamed computer that's not mine. We will be up and running shortly. Cheers!

9 comments:

Sheri said...

Mom loves that new Coldplay song...she made me pause the commericial everytime while we were watching SYTYCD.

P.S. That sucks about your computer.

Jamie said...

Kim - I totally know what you're going through. Our computer crashed a couple years ago and I did not have any pictures backed up. Luckily, they were able to recover them all. Hopefully yours will be recovered, too!

Merilee said...

Oh man, good luck with the pics. That would totally suck.

Chris C said...

Brian use this "opportunity" to get the new iMac. Make sure you get the 24", we LOVE ours!

Good luck with the old computer. I know some good computer forensic guys, I am sure they could recover whatever you need. (Pretty expensive though)

Brian said...

Chris, it sounds like your forensic guys are a little out of my league. Also, Jason has the
24" monitor and it seems a bit overwhelming. Go ahead and tell me why you love your Mac.

ducklips said...

I am so bummed you guys aren't posting for a while. I say get your mac too. Stephen got a mac book pro about a month ago and loves it and now wants to convert our whole house to mac. He says it runs vista way better than microsoft and other stuff as well. This from a guy who never liked apple before.

Chris C said...

What I love about the Mac is that Merilee can even use it without too many questions. Great machine.

LauraB said...

Hey, Brian, Kim and Joe - I miss you in the blogging world!! When are you going to be joining us again?

Brian said...

Patience is a virtue!