Saturday, July 26, 2008

Rock Star


The other day I was doing laundry and I told Joe that if he had any dirty clothes in his room that he needed to bring them into the laundry room.  His response was: "Mom, rock stars don't do their own laundry."   Now, I secretly wanted to laugh at that, but the mom in me came out.  "Um, whether that's true or not, you are not YET a rock star."

"I'm going to be.  Also mom, rock stars don't clean their rooms.  They trash their hotel rooms."

I then explained that his mom raised him right, and rock star or not, he would be doing his own laundry and keeping a clean room.  Maybe someday he'll be the cleanest, most responsible rock star on the planet.  Maybe.


Check out my Rock Star's blog.  JOE updated recently if any of you are interested.  Yes, this is another shameless plug.  He loves to get comments.  

8 comments:

Trina said...

Good for you Kim, raising a rock star right! Good Luck joe!!

Sheri said...

Joe cracks me up.

Becca said...

Joe, you do have a point, but I think you could set a new precedent.

Teresa said...

That is so funny! Way to keep him grounded!

Merilee said...

Did you tell him rock stars buy their parents million dollar homes too?

LauraB said...

Ooo - and don't forget to tell him that when he's a gazillionaire that all sorts of relatives will come out of the woodwork looking for handouts. (Just have him remember that his Great-Aunt Laura encouraged his career by always asking him to play "Smoke on the Water!")

ducklips said...

Joe rocks!

Michelle and Aaron said...

That is too funny Joe, I mean he really does have a point. I am also a rock star in training, although it's on the drums. Maybe we could start a band? I would love to not do my laundry or clean my room!