Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The reason we celebrate....



On this, the 4th of July, I would like to take a moment to reflect on the men and women that make this day possible. If not for their service, we would not be able to gather with our families and eat chimis till we explode (I know what you're thinking, chimis for the 4th? Not very American...You'll have to ask Karen about that one ;-) Seriously, the men of our Armed Forces do things everyday that I honestly don't think I would be able to do. To be able to wake up every morning and know that you may not make it to bed that night, and do it voluntarily, that is sacrifice that astounds me. I am proud of this country and the things we stand for. I know that it is because of those that have fought for our freedom that I am able to do the things that I take for granted every day. We are a blessed people in a blessed land and I am grateful for those that make it possible for me and my family to go to bed at night and know that because of their service and dedication, we will be safe. On this, our Independence Day, take a moment to remember those that fight each day so that we may keep that Independence. Happy 4th of July!!!!!!

8 comments:

Sheri said...

Brian, you are cheesy, but I agree with you 100%.

Sheri said...

Brian, I think everyone would agree that you are the SUPREME RULER OF CHEESE!!!!!

Brian said...

Let's not kid ourselves, Sheri. Everyone knows that the Queen rules the roost. The King has no real say. So, if that logic holds true, you rule the Cheese!!!

Sheri said...

Brian, Brian, Brian you are so ooozing with cheese that mice are lining up at your door! Anyway, I am not the Queen, I am the princess.

Brian said...

Sheri, why do you continue to kid yourself. Remember, I am lactose intolerant. If anyone can shun the cheese title, it's ME!!!!

Sheri said...

It's a cover Brian and we all know it!

Sheri said...

We've been slipping cheese into your diet for years!

Brian said...

That explains the frequent trips to the bathroom....