Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ashley's update


Hey everybody. I know it's been a while. Doesn't Brian's new nose look fabulous.
I just wanted to do a quick update on Brian. As you all know, Brian had surgery about a week and a half ago to repair his badly deviated septum. It has caused him to have at least 6 major sinus infections over the last year. Hopefully with the surgery there will be no more sinus infections.
A few days before the surgery, Jason started calling him Ashley. Apparently in hollywood, repairing your deviated septum is code for having a nose job. And as Ashley Tisdale was recently in the news for her "deviated septum" repair, the nickname seemed appropriate. So, I've started calling him Ashley as well. I pointed out to Brian that Ashley Simpson also had a nose job, so the "Ashley" nickname works on 2 levels. I have to say, he is being a good sport about the nickname.
Anyway, I took Brian to the hospital on January 9th. He was in surgery for about an hour and a half. He then was sent to recovery where he was supposed to stay for about 2 hours before I could take him home. We were there for about 3 1/2 hours. He was so nauseous after the surgery, that the nurse would not let us go. We finally got him home. I left him with my mom while I went to fill his perscriptions. As soon as I left, the vomiting started. He was sooooooo sick that first night. It was sad. The first 2 days he was told that he was not allowed to lie down. Also, he was bleeding through the nose that whole first night. It was the saddest thing I think I've ever seen. He was propped up in bed leaning his head forward and holding a tissue to his nose all night long. You try to sleep like that. I thought about taking a picture, but it was just too sad.
After that first day, the bleeding stopped and thankfully the pain medicine made him tired, so for the next 4 days he spent most of the time in bed sleeping. Tuesday he was still in a lot of pain, but went back to work for a few hours. He is not fully recovered yet, but has been able to go to work, and be up and about. He is still in a lot of pain though, mostly on the left side of his face. I just went in to check on him and he has an ice pack covering the left side of his face. Every time he says his face hurts, I reply "It's killing me!" Ha Ha. My dad used to say that to me when I was younger. I never thought it was funny. Maybe I should stop saying it.
Anyway, on the plus side, he didn't really have any swelling at all. And, his nose looks exactly the same as before. I now have proof for all of those Ashley's in hollywood that you can repair a deviated septum without changing the look of your nose.
We just wanted to thank all of you who have expressed your concern for Brian. He appreciates your prayers and support. And thanks Sheri for letting him use your headache bag. It was a big relief to him. Hopefully in a few days he wont need it anymore and we can return it to you.

16 comments:

Brian said...

Don't I look HOT??

Teresa said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and can rejoin the blogging world soon! BTW, who is Ashley Tisdale?

LauraB said...

Uh, Teresa, where have you been lately - tending to a baby or something?

Glad Brian is feeling some better - I won't say a lot better since I talked to him yesterday and he's still not sure about all this! So, I'm curious - what's a headache bag?

Sheri said...

I'm feeling bad right now. I asked Brian for the bag back thinking he was better only to now find out he's not. You can still use it Brian! Sorry to be the headache bag nazi.

Feel better Brain!

ducklips said...

Glad you're on the mend Brian. Wow you guys have had quite a crazy year w/ doctors. I hope this next one you don't have to see any more. When you guys are all better you'll have to come over for dinner. We'll do it here so you don't have to be around people. Unless we're too much for you. Steve would probably like it better that way too.

Brian said...

Sounds fun! I agree w/ Steve. People suck...Unless they're friends or family.

Kim said...

Ashley Tisdale is the star of Disneys "High School Musical", "High School Musical 2" and the Disney channel tv show, "The Suite life of Zack and Cody."

I'm not sure exactly what is inside a headache bag. But it is kind of like an extra big bean bag and you put it in the freezer to keep it cold. When you have a headache you put it on your head, or over your eyes. It seems to help.

Darrel said...

Ashley!
I am so excited to see your new nose! Thinking about getting mine done too!

Darrel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darrel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darrel said...

Brian,
Just so you know that last comment was made by Trina. I would never refer to you as Ashley. Ms. Tisdale, maybe, but never Ashley.

Teresa said...

Thanks Kim. I was curious!

Brian said...

Next stop for me is a boob job.

Merilee said...

Glad your feeling better Brian. Or at least have your sense of humor back. You should totally do the boob job!

Becca said...

Tim has also had a nose job (deviated septum) when he was ten, but he doesn't look as good as Ashley!

Teresa said...

They say plastic surgery is addictive and it must be true; you're already ready for the next procedure!