Friday, January 25, 2008

I Heart Brian

Ok, so this was going to be a complaining post. I have had a pretty crappy week, especially Wednesday and Thursday. I was all set to get on line and complain about it, but then, I decided to take it another direction. Here goes:

I Heart Brian. I have the most wonderful husband in the world. I have proof to back it up:

* After 12 years of marriage, he still calls me 2-3 times a day to check on how I am doing.

* When I'm having a really lousy day, he brings me Olive Garden (or something fabulous) for lunch.

* He'll take Joe to a scout meeting for me when I can't deal with one more scout activity.

* He makes me take vitamin C every day so I won't get sick.

* He puts up with me keeping the house at 62 degrees because I like it cold, even though he has to bundle up to keep from freezing.

* He puts up with my multiple personalities.

* He cooks lunch and dinner practically every Sunday, so I don't have to.

* He does the last minute shopping at 11:00 on Saturday night so we have something to eat on Sunday. And, he always remembers to buy me Hershey's Truffles so I can get through Sunday.

* He still writes me sappy love notes that make me cry.

* He lets me control the radio in the car.

* He lets me drive the good car while he drives the crappy one to work every day.

* He watches Gilmore Girls with me, without complaining, when I need a laugh.

* He makes my doctor appointments for me because he knows I never will.

* He goes with me when I don't want to go alone.

* He remembers to pick up my perscriptions when I don't.

* He always drives because he knows I hate to.

* He patienly shows me how to load my pictures from my camera to the computer, even though he's shown me 20 times already.

* He lets me cry, and when I'm done, he wipes away my tears.

I could go on and on and on..........

10 comments:

Sheri said...

Ya, Brian does put Ian to shame. Sometimes I wonder if Ian remembers who I am. You are really lucky to be married to such a great guy.

Kim said...

I'm not trying to put other husbands to shame in my blog. This is just my way of telling Brian that I appreciate him. Every husband has good and bad qualities, just like every wife does. I'm just trying to focus on the good. And, the more I wrote, the more I thought of. It's amazing how that works.

Chris C said...

Way to go Brian. Now Merilee will start asking me to cook lunch/dinner on Sunday. Thanks a lot.

Unknown said...

I will be honest too, I have heard that Brian cooks on Sun. so I have (forced) suggested that to Jared and now we carry on the same tradition!!! I am a fan of Brian. He is kinda sappy but I think it's cool. Yeah Brian.

Brian said...

Sappy?? That's kind of well...sort of...ok I guess. Yeah me!

Merilee said...

I love the cook on Sunday plan. We need to implement that at our house. I also love the always drives. hmmm? Chris pretty much does the rest of that stuff too.
Good job Brian!

Teresa said...

Kim, you are so sweet. Sometimes we need the reminder to focus on the good things about our spouse (since the good usually far exceeds any bad traits!)

Darrel said...

Kim, that is very nice of you to say about Brian. Sheri, that is pretty rough on Ian.

Trina said...

ahhh Brian!
What a good guy!
Kim you are such a nice wife!
I think I got a pretty good hubby too.

prism said...

I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful friend and example as you, Kim. I mean it, too. Thanks for helping me remember to be positive. I used to be good at it, but it's gotten harder over the years - trying to recover that portion of myself.