Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Loss Felt The World Over...




Tonight we lost someone whom I have grown to love over the years. Tonight we lost a Great man. Even thought we have never met, tonight we have lost a friend. Tonight we have lost our Prophet, President Gordon B. Hinkley.


For most of my life in this Church, I have been led and guided by one Prophet. I have come to respect and love him for so many reasons, reasons that I'm sure all of us share. I know that this isn't unexpected. He was 97 for goodness sakes. However, it doesn't make it any easier. I was hoping to make it to General Conference one last time before he passed. He was such a genuine man. You KNEW that he loved and cared for each member of the Church. He had a Spirit about him that was undeniable. I love him for the dignity and honor that he carried himself with. I love him for the Spirit that he brought to me in my life. I knew that we were in good hands under his leadership. He was called of God, and now he was called home by God. I can only imagine the reception that he received on the other side. I'm sure it was a sight to behold. And how about reuniting with his beautiful bride? Not a dry eye to be found I'm sure!


President Hinkley, I will miss you! We will ALL miss you! I pray that one day I will be worthy enough to enter into your presence and thank you for what you've meant to me and my life.


You will truly be missed!


P.S.--I apologize that the Lost background is still up for this post. A little worldly for such a non-worldly man. I think that President Hinkley will forgive me though....

3 comments:

Merilee said...

Awesome tribute to President Hinckley. We're going to miss him too.

Heather said...

I too felt very safe under his leadership and felt as though he knew me. I enjoyed reading your thoughts and everyone's thoughts about Pres. Hinckley.

Unknown said...

My grandpa who is NOT lds loves Pres. Hinckley. He surly touched many lds and nonlds lives. I am glad he is with his sweet wife though. He will be missed.