Thursday, March 20, 2008

Jumping on the Movie Trivia bandwagon

Ok. So, we loved playing the movie trivia game on Sheri and Jamie's blogs that we decided to be the next ones to jump on the bandwagon.

In case you don't already know how to play, we've taken 10 quotes from 10 different movies. Please guess only one every 24 hours. That way everyone has a chance to play. I will highlight the movies that have been guessed correctly. Don't cheat by googling quotes. Nobody likes a cheater. A prize will be forthcoming. Brian just hasn't decided what it should be yet.

1. "If I can't touch you, I can touch your shirt and dream." ---Maverick - guessed correctly by Darrel

2. "It's called a 'cruel irony', like my dependence on you." ---The Emperor's New Groove - guessed correctly by Amy

3. "They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works, every time." ---Anchorman - guessed correctly by Becca

4. "You said 'wet shirt don't break', not 'piss shirt bend bar'! --- Shanghai Noon - guessed correctly by Jamie

5. "It appears my hypocrisy know no bounds." - Tombstone - guessed correctly by Ian

6. "What's her name and social security number?"
"No, you're not gonna kill her." ----Mr. and Mrs. Smith - guessed correctly by Teresa

7. "Woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man." -O Brother Where Art Thou? - guessed correctly by Jared.

8. " I don't know what they taught you in France, but rude and interesting are not the same things." - French Kiss - guessed correctly by Alexander (that just sounds wrong for some reason.)

9. "Welcome to downtown Coolsville. Population: us." --The Iron Giant - guessed correctly by Sheri

10. "I am angry. I'm like a tornado of anger swirling about." - Kicking and Screaming - guessed correctly by Jared

I was going to put in my favorite movie quote of all time (or at least the one I quote the most),
but since I say it all of the time, I thought it would be waaay too obvious (for my family, at least.)

What the heck. I'll throw it in as a bonus:

"You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity." -Toy Story - guessed correctly by Becca

Somehow, that quote comes up in conversation a lot.

37 comments:

Teresa said...

#6 is Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Jamie said...

Wow, I only know 2 of these. Since Teresa already guessed one of them, I'll take #4. It's from Shanghai Noon. Can't wait to see what the other are from...

Becca said...

#3 is Anchorman. Melanie has a shirt that says, "I'm kind of a big deal". It's so cute. I don't know any others for sure but the last one (your favorite) is definitely a favorite of mine too - I love the first and second movies (they might be my favorites of all time too). Do I get to guess that movie in addition to one of the ten - what are the rules for the bonus quote?

Brian said...

Becca, the rules of the bonus quote are as follows: you must wait 6hrs, 10min, and 43.2sec in order to answer, as long as nobody answers it as their first choice. I hope that this clears things up.

Darrel said...

#1 is Maverick, I believe.

Darrel said...

Having read further, I should have guessed #5.

Brian said...

Darrel, you always jump the gun. Do you have a problem we need to discuss?

Becca said...

Brian, I set the timer.

Darrel said...

I don't understand how I jumped the gun, that was my first guess.

Brian said...

OK, maybe that was the wrong phrase...you just answer the first one you see without reading further.

Kim said...

Hey Brian, take the Dropkick Murphy's off. St. Patty's day is over (sorry Darrel.)

For some reason I have trouble reading while they are playing.

drjlambson said...

#10 is kicking and screaming. An underrated Will Ferrel movie

drjlambson said...

I am pretty sure I know the rest of these, maybe it is do to the fact you have a few kids movies on here. I should have guesses #7 because that is one of the best movies of all time

Kim said...

Jared, I kind of put in #7 for you. I know you appreciate that movie as much as I do. And yes, you are right. #10 is kicking and screaming. I thought that was a pretty obvious one.

prism said...

#2 is from The Emperor's New Groove

Sheri said...

#9 is the Iron Giant. I guessed it all by myself!

Brian said...

Yea Sheri...all by yourself!

Teresa said...

There are some hard ones on your list.

Kim said...

I guess because I am so familiar with all these movies, they don't seem hard to me. I was worried they would be too easy. If no one guesses the rest by tomorrow, I will leave more clues. Hopefully more obvious clues.

LauraB said...

Rats - I'm not good at remembering movie lines, but I really would have gotten the Mr. and Mrs. Smith one if Teresa would have given me a little more time! The other one that rang a bell, but I couldn't have put a title to was the Iron Giant one - having little boys around helped me with that one!!

Becca said...

Okay, so it has been over 6 hours, 10 minutes, and 43.2 seconds since I guessed #3, so I am going to guess that the bonus quote was said by Buzz Lightyear to Woody in Toy Story.

Kim said...

Becca, you are of course, correct.

Sheri said...

I knew it too! But thought I couldn't guess!

Brian said...

You should have read all the posts and the rules I laid down for the Bonus question.

Anonymous said...

Brian, I know 5. It is Tombstone. I'm your huckleberry- which means I'm your man- so you gonna skin that smoke wagon, or just stand there and bleed? Put my name down already. Sheri knows number 8 also, she said it was one of Kim's fave's. She just needs to wait 'til tomorrow I guess.

Teresa said...

These are so much fun! It even got Stuart into the blogging game.

Kim said...

Ian you are correct on #5. It comes from Brian's all time favorite move ever!

I thought that would be one of the first one's guessed.

Anyone who is still interested in playing - Joe posted some that he came up with all on his own. I think they are pretty good. Check out his blog.

Anonymous said...

French Kiss is # 8. I just heard my mom and dad say it.



Alex

Anonymous said...

French Kiss is # 8. I just heard my mom and dad say it.



Alex

Anonymous said...

French Kiss is # 8. I just heard my mom and dad say it.



Alex

Becca said...

Thanks Kim, we guessed on Joe's blog and were correct! I'm glad he jumped on the bandwagon too.

Kim said...

Xander, you got it right...all 3 times. I don't know if I consider that cheating or not. I guess if your parents say it, and you happen to hear, it counts.

I'm assuming you haven't seen that movie. It is one of my all time favorites though.

drjlambson said...

It has been 24 hours so number 7 is O Brother Where Art Thou. A wonderful movie, I am disappointed however that there were no quotes frome Intolerable Cruelty.

Becca said...

Kim, Tim changed the rules! You can guess your movie now.

Kim said...

I thought about Intolerable Cruelty, but I didn't think anyone would get it. Jared, you are of course correct on number 7. I didn't think it would be that hard. Apparently you and I are the only ones who appreciate that movie.

drjlambson said...

apparently Kim you and I are the only ones with good taste in movies. I haven't watched that movie forever because Tricia doesn't like it

Brian said...

Good Job everyone! There will be a drawing tonight for, as yet undecided, prize. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know before I decide. GOOD LUCK!

P.S.--Jared, O Brother, Where Art Thou is a superb movie. The next time we have a movie night, or if we ever have a movie night, that has to be on the list.