Monday, May 5, 2008

Boss Man needs some puddin'

I have a lot of nicknames for Joseph - Bo, Ho Ho, Snickerdoodle - to name a few. But recently I came up with a new nickname - Boss Man. No, it's not because he's bossy (though that might work too). Last month he got new glasses. When he was browsing the store, he had a very specific look he was going for. He finally found the ones he was happiest with. Of course, they were one of the most expensive frames in the place. They are Hugo Boss.

A quick shout out and thank you to Jared for giving us a discount and providing excellent eye doctor services. We'd be broke without you.

Anyway, he is super happy with them. So, I jokingly started calling him Boss Man, because he's so Boss! I don't think he liked it much at first, but apparently he's ok with it now.


Sunday was fast Sunday. No eating until after church. That is hard enough to do as an adult, but as a kid, it's almost torture, especially when you have 2:00 church and don't get home until 5:00. Joe has handled fasting surprisingly well. There is a lot less whining and complaining than I thought there would be (0r that I'm sure I did when I was his age). Anyway, church is over, it's 5:00 and I am in the relief society room, helping put chairs away and chatting with people. At this point he's hungry and he's not waiting any second longer than he has to to eat something.

* On a side note, Joe's favorite snack of late has been chocolate pudding. I very rarely buy it, because let's face it, there is no nutritional value whatsoever. But as it is, we happen to have some in the fridge at home right now!

Joe walks into the room, comes right up to me (interrupting my conversation, of course), looks me right in the eye and says: "Let's go. Boss Man needs some puddin'." I was laughing too hard to be mad at him for interrupting. Needless to say we hurried home, and within minutes he was happily eating his puddin'. I loved the pudding mustache.

9 comments:

Brian said...

How come when I say "Boss man needs some 'Puddin'" you never give me any???

Darrel said...

Maybe it is becasue you are not the boss.

Marcy said...

Way to go joe. I miss those pudding cups somethin' fierce. But I prefer the butterscotch.

Sheri said...

I'm laughing so hard...one thing I love about Joe is his sense of humor (I'm pretty sure he gets it from his mom).

I love chocolate pudding too and it is nutritional! It has milk in it, so there you go.

Teresa said...

I agree with Sheri. Pudding is good for you! (So is ice cream, btw.)

ducklips said...

yum... now i want some pudding.

Chris C said...

I wish that worked on Merilee. Do you think I would get the same response if I interrupted her conversation and said "Daddy needs some food!"? I would probably be sleeping on the couch for a while. (good thing we bought a new comfy couch!)

Merilee said...

That pudding story is hilarious!
We call Boston Boss man too.

Chris- if you said you needed food I would just ignore you. If you said you needed some puddin' then you would be on the couch which it seems you prefer anyway.

Becca said...

Your post is making me hungry...