Saturday, May 3, 2008

My Palm Pilot

So, I've been sick again this past week. That's been happening a lot lately. It lasted from last Friday to this Wednesday. Saturday - Monday was the worst of it. I hate being sick because it throws off my schedule, I get behind on things like grocery shopping and housework. Ok, so I'm usually pretty bad about doing those things anyway, but it's much worse when I don't feel good.

So, Thursday I woke up feeling pretty good. I decide to try and play catch up a little bit. My problem is that I have a lot of things I need to do and I have scrambled eggs for brains. I can't seem to remember anything unless I write it down, and when I do write it down, I end up loosing the paper I wrote it on. This is where the palm pilot comes in to play. I write it down on my palm, and then I don't forget it. I know. It's awful. I've been taught since I was little not to write on myself. But this system really works for me. I could never own an actual palm pilot, or blackberry or whatever the heck those personal organizers are called now. I'm completely inept when it comes to technology, and I'd probably end up loosing it anyway (scrambled eggs for brains, remember.) So, I'm sticking with my system. I'm curious though. What do you all do to stay organized?

Ok, since I'm here and I don't know when I'll blog again, I thought I'd post a few pictures of things I had meant to blog about before I got sick.

Sadly, Joe decided not to play baseball this year. It is the first time in six years that he hasn't played. Brian was really disappointed. He really enjoyed helping coach the last few years. So, instead, we've been making the rounds to all the boys in the family who are playing: Michael, Alex, Ben and James. The most recent game we went to was James'.

James is very serious when it comes to baseball. I love it. Here he is taking a practice swing.



Here he is playing catcher. He's letting his team know how many outs there are.








Joe was happy because Tricia bought him candy.






Recently we also went to watch Adam perform with his urban lemmings group. Urban Lemmings is a acting/comedy/improv group that Adam is involved in at school. The theme was Indiana Jones. Joe was happy because his Indy hat made it into the show. He let Adam borrow it for the performance. There were 2 improv teams who performed for points. It ended up in a tie, and Adam's team won the tie breaker. I've always been impressed with his acting skills, but who knew he could do improv comedy. We had a good time. Dallin and Grandma were with us.





Last week Joe had a day off of school. He invited a couple of friends over for swimming, pizza and video games (aren't I a great mom?). Here are Dallin and Joe having fun in the pool.
Jared was so kind to invite Brian and Joe to the D-backs game on Monday night. They had such a fun night. It worked out great because I was still sick on Monday, I had the whole couch and tv to myself for hours. (That NEVER happens!)


This is Shadow Cat. He kept me company while I was sick. Tiger kept me company too, but Tiger likes to stay on the bed. I was pretty much passed out when I was in the bedroom, so I didn't get a picture of Tiger. Shadow prefers the couch. When I was feeling a little better and could actually drag myself to the couch, Shadow sat with me.



Also, thanks to Brian for taking such good care of me. He brought me Olive Garden and some pretty roses. You almost made being sick worthwhile (almost).

10 comments:

ducklips said...

I'm so sorry you don't feel good. I completely understand the horrid feeling of watching your house go to pot when you just can't move to clean it and then watching your family eat fast food cuz you can't go to the store and mostly getting mad cuz you can't eat any yourself. Oh, sorry that may have been more about me than you.

Feel better soon!

prism said...

I tried the electronic organizer thing, but found it was easier and quicker just to carry a pocket calendar in my purse... that helps on the calendar items....

For the to-do lists, I've been using paper lists for a long time, and recently, I started using a small notebook instead of loose papers, because I lose them.

Who knows - when I save up enough for an iPhone, maybe I'll give electronic to-do lists another try (Mac has an actual to-do list in addition to calendar - yay!).

Teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I am so sorry you were sick! Organized??? I used to be. Now there are a million little notebooks around to keep my 'list' Now if I could just remember where I put the notebook or if I could find a blank page in it (thanks to Anna's doodling!) that would be great!

Unknown said...

Oh, thanks for coming to James' game. It meant a lot to him. You are a great Aunt, SIL, and cousin (JOE)

Thanks

Merilee said...

I'm actually really digging your organization idea. I think I'll try that. I've been known to lose a list or two myself. Hope your felling better.

Jon said...

Kim, I use that palm pilot also, of course its on my hand not yours(I'm sure you didn't really need that explaination). I think there is a marketing gimmick here, we could sell this idea for millions of dollars and retire rich, maybe buy the Suns and win a championship.

AZ Hey-mon said...

Craig always writes the initials of things he needs to remember just above his thumb knuckle on the side of his hand. I guess it doesn't wear off so easily, and is less likely to wash off fast.

Sheri said...

I write on my hand too. It seems to be the only way I can remember anything anymore.

Marcy said...

I used to write on my hand, but now I just lose lists on scraps of paper and then have to cruise the enitre grocery store trying to remember what I needed, or forgetting the important things like-oh, crap it's my carpool day. I'm suppose to be at the school to pickup Bremen and 2 other kids in 10 mins(actually I have a few hours at thsi point). Most days i'm lucky if i can remember what day it is.