Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Another One Bites The Dust


Well, believe it or not, Joseph decided (on his own accord, mind you) that he wanted to get his flowing blonde locks chopped off. So, this evening I took him and Alex to get it done. Alex was there as a model for the stylist to see how short to go. Realize that for Joe to decide to have this done was a shock to Kim and I. His hair was his pride and joy. I am of the opinion that Joe was seeing all his cousins getting haircuts and a couple of them putting them into a mohawk (James started the trend and Rowan soon followed) and, being the last one standing with long hair (Jared Ammon notwithstanding) he wanted to follow suit. Needless to say, though, Kim was extremely please with his decision. But, we did decide that he could keep his hair as long as he wanted until he turned 12. I didn't like that decision at first, but Kim has been trying to help me pick my battles, so I eventually gave in. So, when you see him, please be sure to comment on his hair. He is happy with it, but is a little nervous about what those closest to him will think of it. If you forgot how long it was, take a look at our family picture above and compare. *note, the mohawk needs a little work!



9 comments:

Kim said...

Can I just say "woohoo!"

Sheri said...

I just want to know if you enrolled Joe in the "Zoolander School of Modeling" to get that last shot? He does look quite handsome though. LADIES - WATCH OUT!!!

Charlotte said...

How Handsome! I know where he gets his good looks. Brian, your lucky you married Kim. Without her you might not of had such a handsome son!

Brian said...

Charlotte, you're correct, I am lucky I married Kim. It's unfortunate, though, that she's related to you. I guess you can't pick your relatives...

Charlotte said...

So true, Brian. And you can't pick your IN-LAWS, but you can pick your nose!

Anonymous said...

Which Brian does with great frequency.

Brian said...

Yes you can, Charlotte, and I want to thank you for not taking your nosepicking habit a step further and picking your in-laws' nose! Thank You!!!

And as for you, "Anonymous", where has this new-found feistyness come from?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you noticed, it's new. I got a fiesty augmentation. I financed it, you can have it done too. It is only $50 a month...for the REST OF YOUR LIFE!

Brian said...

Oh my!!! Sign me up. I hear it's the thing to do. You're awesome!