Tuesday, August 14, 2007

This one's for Joe...



There are certain things that are so endearing about Joseph, and I will try to let you know of a few as time goes by, but there is something about when this song comes on the radio that makes me laugh. You should see the look on his face. You know that look when the waitor or waitress comes by and takes your plate when you're not finished? You have that one or two bites left that you've saved till the bitter end and then, whish..., it's gone. You just sit there with this look of shock, then disgust. That's the face that appears on Joe's face when this song comes on. Then he "sings" the song (just to make fun of it) and I laugh some more. For some reason, he just doesn't like Pet Shop Boys. Not that he should, but apparently they've done something to him that has wounded him deeply. Well, Joe, this is for you and I hope you enjoy it!

6 comments:

Kim said...

I don't know what made you post this, but it is SO true. Did you hear the song on the way to school this morning?

It's not just this song either. It is any Pet Shop Boys song. He does hate this one the most though. It's almost like torture. He writhes in agony and complains. I like to turn it up louder, just to make him mad. Or, before he realizes what it is, I say "Shh, Joe, your favorite song is on" and then I turn it up really loud.

I don't know what it is. I have satellite raido and I usually keep it on first wave. He has otherwise wholeheartedly embraced the music of my youth. Especially New Order, Oingo Boing and the Smiths. For some reason, the Pet Shop Boys are like fingers on a chalkboard to him.

Hillarious. Thanks Brian.

Kim said...

I meant fingernails on a chalkboard, by the way. Fingers on a chalkboard wouldn't be very annoying at all.

LauraB said...

Does anyone else find it oddly perverse the way they torture their son with music??

Sheri said...

I never knew that about Joe! That's hilarious!

ducklips said...

That is hillarious. Kas has the same reaction, only to Erasure instead. His most hated song of all time, except for the ones his sister makes up, is Oh, L'Amoure.
Other than that he loves our old stuff. He often asks for The Smiths, The Ramones, The Clash, and of all things, Twisted Sister (don't ask).

Kim said...

I know where the twisted sister comes from. That would be Steve-o.

He used to make me listen to it in my car.

Good memories!