Thursday, August 30, 2007

Just Sit Right Back & You'll Hear A Tale...

Recently, Kim and I were having a profound discussion on... TV Tunes and trying to remember obscure old TV shows and their song intro's. I know that you're probably thinking that with me being the mental giant that I am that we would be discussing world politics or the ozone layer or cold fusion or something of the nature, but we were discussing TV show tunes. Sad, I know. So, after much thought and laughter at some of the things we remembered, and the realization that there was, and still is, a bunch of hideous TV that makes it to the airwaves, we've compiled this playlist of TV tunes of old. Sheri, "Facts of Life" for you and Steve-O "Out of This World" for you...I feel pitty for you, but Kim says you loved the show. There are some that you'll remember and some that you'll have forgotten, but one thing is for sure, it will take you back. As for Tricia and Trina, and a few others, many of these will be foreign to you as you are just too young to know. I also realize that there a several more common shows that aren't on here. So, sit right back and enjoy.

P.S.--you may want to launch the stand alone player and view all the songs.

20 comments:

Merilee said...

Wow, That's some playlist! I can't believe how many songs you found. And it really helped, I couldn't remember what Out Of This World was until I heard the theme song. Then I remembered I loved that show. Silver spoons and Wonder Years will forever be on my top ten. What is Simon and Simon? I know I know it, I just can't think. It's killing me!

Anonymous said...

Brian,
I gotta say that I don't normally like playlists. but htis one is great. The Greatest american Hero is my favorite, not as much for the song as for the memories of the show. This is Darrel

Brian said...

Thanks D-
I agree, it was one heck of a show.

Charlotte said...

That's cool. We had fun at work guessing the shows.

Brian said...

A kind word from Charlotte? As Sheri would say, PTL!!!! Thanks, Charlotte.

Brian said...

I added a few more!

Sheri said...

I am also a fan of the Greatest American Hero.

Brian said...

And a couple more...

Anonymous said...

Ok I LOVE the playlist. I am sad to say that I can sing along to pretty much all of the songs. If you want to include Trina and Tricia in the fun you can add Saved By The Bell and Boy Meets World. I know they are not nearly as good as the programming we grew up on but they still turned out ok.

Brian said...

Well, as if I haven't occupied enough of your time, I have added EVEN MORE beloved tunes. I hope you enjoy!

Charlotte said...

What's PTL?

Brian said...

That's what I said? It means Praise the Lord!

LauraB said...

Wow, Brian. Impressive! But here are a few more for us "oldies" - Beverly Hillbillies, The Andy Griffith Show, I Dream of Jeannie, and, for those who know Travolta - Welcome Back, Kotter! As I was looking at your list, those shows came to mind. Nice to get some other sitcom shows in my head - I've got Hannah Montana running through my head from watching it with Kailee!!

Brian said...

OK, you got all now except The Andy Griffith show. I intentionally left that one out because it annoys Kim to no end.
Thanks for listening.

LauraB said...

Funny, Dave can't stand it either!! Must be in the genes!

ducklips said...

I love it, I love it! I only wish someone were up who could sing all the songs at the top of their lungs w/ me. Ah, the memories.

Thanks for including Steve's show. We were just talking about that the other day and we couldn't remember the real name, only that her dad was an alien. It is so funny that Kim remembered that he liked it.

Brian said...

Yea, Kim didn't want me to put Steve's favorite on there because she thought he might get embarrassed. I figure that he deserves it with a favorite show like "Out of this World".

Bridget said...

I will NEVER forget the tune to "Facts of Life" that was one of my favorite shows. What a great way to walk down memory lane.

Marcy said...

What about M*A*S*H and, my personal favorite, 21 Jumpstreet, and 90210? You are taking me back.

Anonymous said...

Bremen and I were checking out blogs this morning. I asked him who the people on the main picture of this bog were. He said, "I know that. That's Ryan all grown up." Must be the hair.