Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Guster & Tally Hall...Marquee Theater...9/17/07

Well, for only the third time since we've been married (12 years on Sept. 29th!!!) Kim and I went to a concert together. Well, Sheri, Ian, and Jammon went also. And we met up there with Jason, Tiffany, and 2 of their friends. I saw Guster last year in Tucson with Jason and Ian and it was one of the best shows that I've ever seen (even though I had to go to that stinkhole known as Tucson). So, needless to say, when we heard they were coming back, we bought tickets. Kim was a little apprehensive to go (she says we're too old to be going to concerts, and although that may be true, it was a very granola crowd and we fit right in! First, Tally Hall opened up and I have never heard anything of theirs and we were VERY pleasantly surprised. They were a mix of They Might Be Giants and Barenaked Ladies (as Ian put it). They were pretty darn good.

As for Guster, they are amazing! Their musical talents are astounding. I have never seen a band switch instruments as often and seamlessly as these guys do. If any of you in blogland have never heard them, I strongly suggest that you take a few minutes and listen to my playlist. They are so good. They are one of Kim's and my favorite bands. I took a picture on my phone, but cannot figure out how to get it from there to here, so I'm using other pictures and you can just pretend that they were taken by me!


2 comments:

Sheri said...

It was a great concert. One of the best I've been to.

Kim said...

I agree. They are amazing musicians, and pretty funny guys too. I wish they would have played "Careful" though. I sooo love that song. They did play my 2 other favorites though: "Come Downstairs and say hello" and "Homecoming King." I have to say that all of the songs were great. I was not disappointed.

Tally Hall was a pleasant surprise. I want to buy that album now.