Friday, September 21, 2007

TGIF...

Too often in life we are so busy trying to get ahead that we forget to stop and see what we’ve left behind. Yesterday was one of those days that everything seemed to unravel and I lost my freaking mind. Have you ever been such a stress-ball that you could actually feel your blood boiling? Well that was me yesterday. Why do we allow ourselves to get so uptight? What is so important that we can’t enjoy the ride? I forgot just what it was that I have been working so hard for. I really can’t pinpoint what set me off yesterday, it just seemed to be one of those days where nothing goes the way you want it. I have a great job, I enjoy the people I work with (for the most part), I have a beautiful wife who loves me unconditionally and son who really is such a cool and sweet kid and such a CHARACTER. What do I have to be stressed for? For those of you that are in my path (& in my wrath) on these days, I apologize.

Today is a new day and a new opportunity to live my life the way I want to. I woke up this morning and Kim was happy to see me smile. It was nice to walk outside this morning and have a crisp feeling in the air. I LOVE this time of year, when the Summer is holding on for dear life but Fall is slowly winning and soon I can think about hot chocolate and putting up Christmas lights. Shamrock will come out with their Peppermint Stick ice cream and who can’t be happy eating peppermint ice cream? Yes, today is a better day. It’s Friday!!!

7 comments:

ducklips said...

Brian it made me so happy to read your post. I love it when people are able to put their bad days behind and see all the beauty that is coming their way.

I also really liked what you said about summer and fall. Have you ever thought about writing?

Have a fabulous day!

Brian said...

I wish that I could say that it were easy to put those kind of days behind me, but it is always a challenge. All I can do is push forward. Thanks for the kind words. No, I haven't thought about writing. I have a hard enough time reading. Not to say that I can't, but I just am just not into it. Maybe I'll try...
You have a GREAT day as well!!!

Merilee said...

Does this mean I'll get kinder comments today?

Brian said...

Kinder comments? I don't recall giving you unkind comments. I did say that your picture frightened me, but that's because it was scary. You're not scary, just the picture. C'mon Mer, where's the love?

Sheri said...

Brian, Brian, I love the cheese! I try to never get offended by you because you treat my sister right. Otherwise...

Brian said...

Otherwise WHAT?!

Merilee said...

I think I recall some insinuating that my dorkiness was keeping me from a guster concert invite. Don't worry I'm not going to cry myself to sleep again tonight.