Saturday, September 29, 2007

Twelve Years...and I'd do it all over again!


Before I get started, I will forewarn anybody reading that Mayor McCheese is going to rear his (pretty) head, but on my Anniversary I AM entitled.....Happy Anniversary Kimmy. Twelve years ago today, we knelt across the alter in the Mesa Temple and were sealed together for time and eternity. It really is hard to believe that it has been 12 years. I am just going to take a few moments and try to tell all of you in blog land why she means so much to me. First and foremost, Kim loves me unconditionally. No matter what I do or say, her love for me has never wavered. On that note, she is extremely loyal. Not only to me, but to anyone who needs her. See, Kim is a lot like her mother (who I adore greatly) in that no matter what you need, she will always be there for you. I've tried to tell her that it is OK to say "no" every once in a while, and although she agrees, she still can't find those two letters together in her vocabulary (unless she's talking to me, of course...j/k). I guess she knows deep down that the Savior would never say no if someone asked for help and she is trying to be Christlike. She IS succeeding. I know that she's saying to herself right know that she's nowhere near, but let me assure you that she's MUCH closer than she thinks. Which brings me to my next point. She's a terrific mother. The way she loves and cares for Joe is more Christlike than any mother/child relationship that I've seen (no offense to the other mom's out there). She is always loving and teaching and giving him such a sense of self-worth. We've been blessed with a wonderful child and I often wonder why such a great mom like Kim hasn't been blessed with many more children while others who don't even want them seem to have them at will, and I have never found an answer. All I know is that the Lord is pleased with her now and I know in the depths of my soul that we will have more children, I just don't know when. That's not for me to decide. Back to my Angel face...Kim is my best friend. I love that she still looks at me with that same glow in her eyes just as she did when we were dating. Her eyes are blue with yellow specks, just in case any of you were wanting to know:-) I love that she will scratch my back if I REALLY want her to, even though she hates doing it. I love that she will make me meatloaf even though it has onions in it. I love that we have gotten to the point where we know what eachother is thinking without saying a word. I love that if I ever need a shoulder for whatever, she's always there. I love that time is on our side and that death cannot separate us. I love the anticipation of what the next welve years will bring. I love Kim, with all of my heart and all of my soul. For evers...EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER (you had to be there, and I'm glad I was...)


HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, KIMMY


P.S.--this song is our song my default and we've just come to accept that as our fate and move on.

15 comments:

Charlotte said...

That is very sweet of you, Brian. Kim is lucky to have you, but, of course, you are luckier to have Kim!! She is a wonderful cousin and is always sweet and extremely giving. Even if I go a long time without talking to her, she treats me like we have been talking daily. I miss the old days of running across the street to hang out with you KIM!! Happy ANNIVERSARY!! (I'm 1 year behind you guys)!!!

Brian said...

Yes, Charlotte, I am the luckiest of all!

LauraB said...

Well said, Mayor McCheese! You do have one of the best!!

Merilee said...

That is very sweet. You did pick a good one,for sure.

Now, I really want to know why you look exactly the same as the last time I saw you...umm, about 12 years ago?

ducklips said...

Yes, that was pretty gooey, but very sweet. Congratulations on the anniversary. I remember getting your wedding announcement and being so excited for you guys, even though I couldn't be there. It seems you all went and got married while I was gone.

I love the picture, and Mer is right, you haven't changed in twelve years.

Brian said...

Mer, has it really been 12 years? Wow, that "Bogles" my mind! Sorry, that's the Lambson humor coming out. Yea, that picture was taken in March at Disneyland. I've got the Dick Clark gene, except in the midsection:-)

Heather said...

How sweet Brian. I think that you definitely win for the king of cheese.

Trina said...

Wow Brian,
What a sweety peety.
I hope I can be like Kim.
She is awesoooome. I love Kim too!

Brian said...

Wow, I've never been called a "Sweety Peety" before?! Thanks Trin.....how do you spell Trin (Treen)? Oh well, you are well on your way! You have such a sweet patience that I still can't fathom! I don't know how you do it.

Unknown said...

Mayor McCheese, I am still trying to dry my eyes while thinking of something great to say.... Both of you guys are great. I love you both!

Nicole said...

Hey, you guys this is Nicole!!! I found you through Brooke "Hubbard's" blog!!! It's such a small world! Just reminds you to be careful what you put on your blog..... someones always watching!!!!!!!!

Brian said...

Who is Brooke Hubbard?

Anonymous said...

Update your blog already.

prism said...

Yeah, I know your post was a while ago, but I just wanted to say I am so glad that Kim got such a great husband. You are always allowed to speak adoringly of your wife.

Bless you.

prism said...

BTW - it's been 14 years for us - can you believe that? 14 years and 4 kids. And it seems to have flown by.