Saturday, December 22, 2007

Tag...I'm It (Thanks Trina)

Well, I was tagged a long time ago by Trina and unfortunately she didn't forget. So I am supposed to tell 6 things people don't know about me. So, in the spirit of Christmas and the season of giving, I'm going to give up some of my secrets, embarrassing moments if you will. So, be kind and try to understand....

1. I have locked my keys in my car...with the car running....Twice! I know how could I let this happen...twice?? In my defense, well, I have no defense. I'm just stupid.

2. Several years ago I got so upset (at I don't know what) that I banged my fist on my windshield that, upon contact, the entire windshield shattered! Well, whatever I was so upset at didn't seem too important, especially since Kim was laughing at me and my stupidity. See, I am stupid. But the good part was that we got 52 free dinners at the Hometown Buffet because of it.

3. When Kim and I were first dating and then married, I had a propensity to "dink" people. Now, get your minds out of the gutter, when I say dink, it was this uncanny ability I had when driving to be able to stop just in time to barely "tap" to drivers in front of me. This was a common problem that has since ceased. It got to be pretty funny, for me at least.

4. When I was in First grade we had a spelling bee of sorts. Now keep in mind, I was pretty shy back then and hated when I had to be in front of any amount of people (I still do come to think of it) and I would tense up. Well, inevitably it was my turn and I was in a panic. I was given my word and my mind went blank. I was in cold sweats and my heart was racing. I had no answer and when the teacher told me that she needed an answer, I quickly blurted out my response. I was quickly rejected in my response as several classmates snickered. I was distraught. This is funny, since I am really good at spelling now. Maybe it scarred me for life and I didn't want to have that feeling again. Oh yea, the word I misspelled......'of'

5. Perhaps the most embarrassing moment is something many of you are aware of. It's my defining moment it seems. Well, it happened several years ago when we were at Kim's parents' house with a group of us playing games. The game we happened to play this fine evening was 'The Newlywed Game'. It is a pretty fun game, unless you're me. I was doing pretty well with my answers until it happened. The question came up that has been the butt of many jokes since...."what is the color of your spouse's eyes?" Oh my !#&@, are you serious? I have gazed into my wife's eyes countless times and I didn't remember what color they were! I panicked!!! What color were they??? I guessed green when they are clearly Blue with Yellow specks! How could I miss that? To add insult to the situation, after getting MUCH grief after my answer was revealed, the next day I typed up a letter of apology to all who were in attendance, including Sheri and Ian's neighbors at the time whom I have never met before. Man I suck! I just chalked my errant answer up to whenever I was gazing into my wife's eyes, I wasn't stopping at the eyes, I was gazing into her soul!

And finally....

6. I came to the realization that I was lactose intolerant in front of Sheri & Ian and Tiffany & Jason. You see, I was the butt of their little joke when we all went to Olive Garden and everyone at the table knew that Jason & Tiffany were engaged and I had NO idea. They kept dropping hints and I was too dumb to pick up on them. They just laughed at me. Afterwards, we all went back to our house for games/tv and then it happened. I had to excuse myself and didn't return for A LONG time. That's when the last enjoyment I had in life was taken from me. (No Kim, I don't mean that you and Joe aren't a joy) I think the look on my face said it all when I finally resurfaced.


Well, that's my embarrassing moments. Happy now Trina? I will NOT tag anyone, as I don't have anyone left to tag. Peace and Merry Christmas!

13 comments:

Teresa said...

Uhh, Brian, that is only 5 things.

Brian said...

I know. I said that I became a good speller, not a good counter.

Merilee said...

Doesn't blue and yellow (specks) make green?

And it is not going to be 10 or 20 years until you see me. You and Kim are going to Matta's on the 29th right?

Teresa said...

I guess you can't have everything.

Sheri said...

You really did not do yourself a great thing here posting this list bro. It just shows many levels of stupidity! i.e. - Only 5 moments instead of six. All five that you did tell us you were a complete moron...come on, Trina didn't ask "tag, tell us how dumb you are." So can you please use number six on a next post and tell us a secret "love", or funny story, or hidden talent. Heck, you don't even have to post just comment on this one with your number six. Those were killer embarrasing moments though. Green eyes and the note to follow was the best. Did the car run out of gas before the locksmith could open it? tee hee... okay, I'm done now. c-ya

Sheri said...

That last comment was NOT from me -it's from Ian. I still remember when you said "green" instead of "blue". I, personally was shocked that someone who so clearly adores his wife did not know the color of her eyes...

ducklips said...

Oh Brian, I feel for you. I think it was incredibly brave of you to unleash a whole new set of things to raz you about. I have to say that I will never hold locking yourself out of a running car against you. It wasn't running, but I actually locked myself out of my car w/ my 5 month old baby inside. Yikes!

BTW, I'm waitin' for #6 too.

Brian said...

Merilee, I tried that 'blue and yellow make green' line on her, but it didn't work.

Sheri, I ALWAYS know when it's Ian and not you. He writes completely different than you. Sorry Ian.

Chris C said...

Wow Brian, I am not sure if I would have told all of these stories at once! I think I have come to the realization that I am lactose intolerant too. That makes me so sad because I love a cold glass of milk with some chocolate chip cookies.

Merry Christmas!

Brian said...

Yes, it is so sad. The two things I love more than anything are Fettuccine Alfredo and Cheesecake.

Merry Christmas to you too!

Trina said...

Oh yae! Brian you did it!! But Holy Cow! Are you OK? All your comments are so sad and funny! Don't worry about the locking your keys in the car with the car running, Darrel and I have done that so many times! Luckily we also lock the keys in the care when it is not running too. My mom and dad bought darrel a hide a key for Christmas last year and sadely it has been very useful for us! Just a side note we also frequently run out of gas while driving as well! Good job Brian! And Thanks for all those embarrasing moments!

Trina said...

And Brian how are you? I missed you on Christmas!!! I hope you get better soon! Thank you guys for the cups and movie tickets! We luv them!

Brian said...

Trina, you are so sweet! I'm ok. I had a bit of a setback and had to stay home from work today. It's just very frustrating! I'm SO sick of being sick.

As for the movie cups and tickets, you're welcome but Kim is responsible for that. She likes to do something for everyone.