Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I've decided to be "it".

Ok, so Elise tagged me - a while ago actually. Thanks for being patient. Normally I ignore these and don't play along, but since I needed something new to put on my blog, and nothing else exciting has been happening, I decided to play.

I guess I am supposed to list 6 things that people don't know about me. This was hard, as I am pretty much an open book. No secrets here. I picked 6 things that I'm sure some people know about me, but not everyone knows. It was the best I could do.

#1. I am a secret MTV fan. I know I am way too old for this, but I can't help it. I was never allowed to watch MTV when I was a teenager, I am re-living my youth. Let me qualify this by saying that I know that most of what is on MTV is filth. I am only addicted to a couple of shows and the rare times that they play videos. I like the Hills, Made and The Life of Ryan. Joe and I actually watched The Life of Ryan together. It was my favorite.

#2. I like to car dance. For any of you who don't know what that is, it is when you turn up the radio really loud and dance (as best as you can) in the car. I often make Joe do this with me. Sometimes he plays along, but mostly he's just embarrased by me. When I'm alone I also sing loudly. My favorite car dancing songs at the moment are: Dare - the Gorillaz, and Supermassive Black Hole - Muse. The White Stripes also provide great car dancing music. I love music. It lifts my spirits.

#3. I know how many buttons are on my remote control - 49. I know this because I have counted them probably a few hundred times. I am not joking. This leads me to #3. I am slightly OCD about some things. I don't feel bad because I know it runs in my family. I am not the only one (the rest of you know who you are). I have other quirks that go along with the OCD as well. I check several times a day to make sure the stove is off, especially before I go to bed at night. I also have to check that all the doors are locked at night. I do this at least 3 times. Sometimes one right after the next. I cannot leave a room without turning the light off and it really bugs me when people leave the light on in a room when they leave it. I don't know if these things officially qualify as OCD, but that's what I call it. Whenever I do something strange that Brian doesn't understand, I just tell him that it's the OCD kicking in.

#4. I am an insomniac. If you came by my house at 2:00 in the morning, I'd probably be up. But don't come by my house at 2:00 in the morning, ok. Maybe this has something to do with the OCD. I can't shut my brain off and relax enough to sleep. After about a week of not sleeping well, I'll take NyQuil so I can get one good night of sleep. That keeps me going through the next week. It's bad to take it when you're not sick, but I can't help it. It knocks me out!

#5. I have kind of a warped sense of humor. Many of you know that I am pretty sarcastic, but it's more than that. I find things funny that most other people don't. I often have to stifle a laugh during church. I guess I find serious situations funny. Often, when Brian is trying to "parent" Joe, and he's visibly upset, I bust out laughing. We got stuck in traffic the other day, for a long time. Joe & Brian were mad. I thought it was hillarious. This one is hard to explain. I'll just leave it at that.

#6. I like to write Childrens books. I have 5 already written, with many ideas for more. It's a fun creative outlet. I've always identified with kids more than adults. I feel more comfortable around children than I do around adults. I guess I'm more on their level. Who wants to be a grownup?

Well that's it. 6 things you probably already knew about me, but I forced you to read again.

I am supposed to tag 6 people. Normally, I would pass on that, but I decided to play along today. I choose: Ian, Trina, Tricia, Laura, Xander and Paul. I know you've got secrets, now spill 'em.

14 comments:

Sheri said...

I never knew you wrote children's books! That's awesome. I share your warped sense of humor. When Ian is yelling sometimes I laugh so hard. Ian usually ends up laughing too. I think my sense of humor is why I didn't get upset when Ian left me at the side of the road.

Brian said...

The funny thing is that I have never seen her write any children's books and I don't know where they are. I know that she has done them, but she is extremely secretive. I have told her to send them in to see about publishing them, but she refuses. Who knows, she could have been a world renowned writer by now...

LauraB said...

I really enjoyed reading these things about you, and I can relate to several. My mother used to hate to have my sister and I at church with her when we were visiting - seems as though both of us would get the giggles over something. You're right, it's hard to explain. I'm so envious of your book writing - I've wanted to do that, too. At least you've done it - I'm still in the "wanting" stage! Oh, I'm good at car dancing, and singing too. We could start a new show - "Dancing with the Cars!"

Trina said...

Wait Kim did you tag Trina Lambson?
Because I almost had a heart attack! I loved reading about you! You are awesome! Why are your books not published yet? I would deffinently be a fan!

Charlotte said...

So when do we get to read these books. I would be the first to buy if you ever get them published!

Karen Lambson said...

Did you illustrate the books too? Was MTV available on our TV when you were growing up?

Teresa said...

I want to see the books!

Merilee said...

Those are all great Kim. I would have never guessed you were OCD!

ducklips said...

Yea! I'm so glad you played. I know everyone hates doing them, but as you can see, you have quite a fan base, so everyone is glad you did it.

I wanted to know if you illustrated your books too? I know you have an amazing talent for art.

The sense of humor I get. Steve always wonders why I am not laughing when he thinks something is funny, but has no idea why I'm laughing when things go wrong.

Chris C said...

Kim,
I totally get the no sleep thing too. Merilee will crash within 2 minutes of laying down and I will lay there for a few more hours.
As far as the TV shows I don't think I will mention which show on MTV I am addicted to, way too embarrassing.

Marcy said...

Kim-I don't think I knew any of that about you.
Have you tried Valerian Root? It works most of the time for me. I used to have a major sleeplessness problem. I was addicted to Ny-quil for a while, seriously.
My sense of humour is...hard to explain as well. I think Kevin fell in love with me as I was giggling through a sacrament meeting before we started dating.
Writing is also a passion of mine. I've written one children's book and one other one. It sucks to get to the point of letting other people read it. Scary even. I always thought Amy Porter would be a good choice for illustrating my book, but maybe I should be talking to you.
I'm actually jealous of the sorta OCD thing. I think quirks like that are cool!

Marcy said...

I meant Amy Finder, sorry Amy and Rich.

dallin gonzales said...

WOW

LauraB said...

Oh, instead of rehashing little known facts about me, just read my June 1, 2007, blog entry!