Friday, November 30, 2007

Something smells good....Oh wait, its me!



So, Brian comes home from work yesterday carrying a Bath & Body Works bag. He had gone on his luch hour and bought both the Sugar and Spice and the Twisted Peppermint 3 in 1 - bubble bath, body wash, & shampoo. Yay for my thoughtful and wonderful husband. Last year he bought me the Gingerbread kind and I loved it sooooo much. So, he went looking for it again this year. Sadly, they no longer make the gingerbread. They had replaced it with the Sugar and Spice. It's pretty much the same thing.

Anyway, I'm at work today, and I kept smelling this really good smell. (My hearing and vision are gone, but my sense of smell is acute as ever.) Anyway, this is an unusual thing, because re-grouting a fireplace is a really dirty job. I usually end the day covered in dirt, grout, soot, you name it, I'm dirty. So, I was surprised by the smell. I kept getting little hints of it. After a while, I realized it was me. I had used the Sugar and Spice body wash this morning and the smell was still lingering. I kept sniffing my arm all day. I smell yummy!

Thanks Brian! I so love Christmas and now I smell like it.

On a side note - rain today - woohoo! I had almost forgot what it looked like. I'm having a happy day!

7 comments:

Charlotte said...

What are you doing grouting a fireplace? I guess I missed the blog about your new career. I'm glad after all that hard work you smelled good cuz I would smell like BO!!

Sheri said...

How come you didn't let me smell you? I LOVE the smell of Gingerbread.

ducklips said...

I remember last year about this time I dropped in on you at your mom's and you were working on the fireplace. Is this another job on the same fireplace?

What a wonderful surprise gift. (Good job Brian.) I love the smells of Christmas. I may have to run up to the mall after this post.

Teresa said...

So, you spent the day sniffing yourself? I guess there are worse things to do...

Karen Lambson said...

Why didn't I smell the sugar and spice? Do they make gingerbread potpouri?

LauraB said...

Kim, I'm sitting here laughing - first at the fact that Elise thinks you're working on a different fireplace job (don't they know how meticulous you are?)and second the thought of you sniffing yourself all day! Thanks for the endorphin boost!!

Kim said...

Oh, it is the same fireplace. I'm getting close, but not done yet. Maybe I'll post the picture of it when I'm done. I don't think I have any before pictures though.