Friday, November 23, 2007

Day 1 at Disneyland

So, I thought it was about time to post about Disneyland.












We left Wednesday (Nov.14th). Brian drove with Joe & Darrion (Joe's cousin). I got to ride with my mom. It was nice. We stayed at the Embassy Suites (of course). I sometimes think that Joe likes the hotel better than Disneyland.

Disneyland didn't open until 10:00 on Thursday. Yeah! We got to sleep in. It seemed like there was a lot of people there, but we never had to wait very long in line. I think our longest wait was Splash Mountian (It always is). That was 25 minutes. Most of the rides were 5-10 min. wait, except for Nemo. That was a 75 minute wait. So, we passed on it. I'm a little claustraphobic, so I didn't mind. If I want to see Nemo, I'll watch the movie.

My favortie rides at Disneyland are Buzz Lightyear and The Haunted Mansion (only when it's decorated like the Nightmare before Christmas - which it was.)


Joe and Darrion liked Space Mountain & the Matterhorn. Materhorn was a walk on, so they must have went 7 or 8 times. I lost count. I could only handle it about twice. It's too jerky for me. They like to yell at Harold (the snow monster). I think Brian's favorite was Space Mountain.


Joe & Darrion were mad because I made them go on Winnie the Pooh with me. They absolutely refused to let me take their picture on it. Hey, it was right by Splash Mountain, and there was no wait. They rolled their eyes and looked bored, but I loved it.


My mom spent a lot of the day sitting on a bench reading. They were taping a segment of "Dancing with the Stars" (one of her favorite tv shows) that evening and she wanted a good seat. It ended up being a let down though. Only one person from the show came - Jennie Garth. Her partner was sick, so she ended up dancing with Mickey, and it lasted about 5 minutes. What a let down. It was funny though, because when my mom watched the show Monday night, and they showed the Disneyland segment, she got all excited because she spotted herself in the crowd. So, we paused it to take a closer look. It turned out to be a young boy. Ha Ha! You know I love you mom.

That night, mom ditched out early and Joe, Darrion, Brian & I stayed to see the Fantasmic show. I haven't seen Fantasmic since I went with Adam and Jared when they were little, probably 10-12 years ago. It was a little different, but mostly what I remembered. Joe loved it. Especially when Malificent turns into the dragon at the end. It was pretty cool. I wish I could have gotten a picture of it, but alas - no flash photography allowed. People cheated though. I should have too.








Well, that's it for day one. Tomorrow: California Adventure & the happy butterfly feeling ride. Also, the picture of Chip and Dale that I promised Max. I didn't forget!




Be sure to check out Joe's blog for his take on the trip, and more photos!


p.s. He loves to get comments!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Your photo-bucket pics never came up. It looks like you had alot of fun. That story about mom cracks me up :)

Brian said...

Yea, I'm trying to fix it. If you want in the meantime, you can click on the button next to 'get your own' you can see them.

Brian said...

Why do I look like I'm stoned in that last picture?

Merilee said...

Oh, that makes me want to go to disneyland so bad!