Saturday, November 24, 2007

California Adventure - Day2

Ok, as I was trying to decide what to write, I realized there is way to much for day 2. So, to avoid an extremely long blog, I am splitting up day 2 into 2 parts.

Friday we started at California Adventure. Joe had been dreading Tower of Terror, but I told him last March when we planned this trip, that there was no way I was going to spend the money if he wasn't going to try everything at least once.


So, we decided to do Tower of Terror first, so he wouldn't have to dwell on it all day. To ease his fears, Brian tried to explain that it wasn't scary, you just get happy, butterfly feelings in your stomach. It's not a Tower of Terror, Its a Tower of Happy Butterfly Feeling Time. Luckily, there was virtually no line, so he didn't have time to think about it and back out. Guess what! He loved it. As soon as we got off the ride, he and Darrion ran to go on it again. To see a picture of just how happy butterfly feeling time they were, see Joe's blog.

Tower of Terror is my all-time favorite ride, so I was happy.

We went on a couple of rides with mom - Monsters Inc. & Soarin' over California. Then we split up for a while. She didn't want to go on the Grizzly Run Raft ride with us. I don't blame her. Brian sat that one out too. So, reluctantly I went. I don't know what it is about water rides, but I manage to get soaked every time. Sure enough, I got soaked from head to foot(I am not exaggerating). I was the only one in our raft that did too. So, when they wanted to go again, I passed. I spent the next 3-4 hours trying to dry out. It was cool & overcast, so it took a long time to dry.

We finally made our way to the back of the park to California Screamin'. I thought Joe was going to back out, and he tried, but we pretty much made him go. And, of course, he loved it! He ended up going on it 4 times. Once was enough for me. I was starting to feel a little nauseous. I think I've developed motion sickness in my old age. So, I stood at the pier and watched them take off. This was Brian, Joe, and Darrion's favorite ride!

For more Screamin' pictures, see Joe's blog.

After they had their fill of Screamin', we went to MalliBOOMer. There was no line, and I remembered how much Alex loved it last time, and how I promised I would try it. Brian refused, as did Joe, so Darrion and I went. The minute I sat down and started to buckle up, I started to panic. I have vertigo, and the thought of being shot up that high started to get to me. Darrion couldn't get his restraint buckled, and I was strapped in and couldn't reach him. We had sat there a long time and no one came to check if we were strapped in, like they always do. Darrion freaked out a little: "I don't want to die." I secretly was thinking the same thing. Someone finally came and checked. Then, it shot us up in the air so high. It was terrifying and completley exhillarating and awesome at the same time. I pretty much loved it! Thanks Alex for suggesting it!

Ok. I'm done for today. I'll post parade pictures tomorrow. But, I had to post this one for Max. I promised him!
See ya!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Max was very excited to see Chip and Dale. It looks like you had so much fun :)

Trina said...

You guyz are lucky ducks! How fun for you all!

ducklips said...

That sounds like so much fun. Joe is suck a perfect age to take. He's old enough to actually enjoy all the rides you love. I love seeing the pictures too.

Merilee said...

I wish I would have thought to tell Sid that T of T was short for happy butterfly feelings while I was trying to calm her screams and uncontrollable shaking. I'm not sure she would have bought it though. You are a brave woman! I went on that shoot up ride and I will definitely never be trying that again. A scream came out of me that I had know idea was even possible. Pure fear!

Becca said...

Disneyland? Sweet! I haven't been in ages. They were doing Batman last time I was there (Star Wars seems a little cooler, actually).

Tim (not Becca)