Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Rest of the Trip

Ok, so day 2 at Disney continued....

After lunch we went back to Disneyland. Darrion wanted to get picked for the Jedi Training Academy. We had gone the day before, and he was devastated when he didn't get picked. So, that night at the hotel he decided he would wear bright orange today and he practiced all the light sabre moves on Joe. It worked! He was chosen. He was soooo happy and he was the first one to fight Darth Vadar.



By now, Disneyland is wall to wall bodies. Apparently it was the first day of the Holiday Season at Disneyland. Everyone came to see the parade and the fireworks show. So, we parked it on a bench in front of the castle and took turns saving seats and taking the boys on rides. Here are some "art" pictures Brian took while he was waiting. The first one is called "Joe's tree". When were at Disneyland earlier this year in March, Joe took a picture of this same tree for Addy. At the time it was covered in pink blossoms. We actually ended up enlarging Joe's picture. It is now hanging over our fireplace. I realize now that I've told that story, I should have posted Joe's picture too. Oh well!


The parade was very Christmassy. It put me in the holiday spirit. It was cold (which I love), and they made it snow afterwards. Here are some parade pictures:





After the parade we stayed on our bench and waited for the fireworks show. The boys were freezing, so we got hot chocolate. They gave us candy canes too. I melted mine in my hot chocolate. Again, very Christmassy. I was happy. The fireworks show was awesome - totally worth waiting for.




Ok. That was pretty much it for Disneyland. I'm not going to do a Day 3 beach day. I'll just tell you now, that the next afternoon we went to the beach. Yes, it was cold and I loved every minute of it. I am happiest when I'm sitting on the beach with my toes in the sand. The cold didn't stop the boys from getting in the water. In fact, they stayed in for a couple of hours. Of course we had to stay for the sunset over the water. It did not disappoint. The picture doesn't really do it justice. As fun as Disneyland was, I have to say that my favorite part of the trip was the beach. It makes me so happy!
We packed up and went home the next day. That's it for the trip.
A note to Elise. I know you tagged me, and I'm taking a while to post about it, but I will soon. I had to finish the trip post first.

8 comments:

Brian said...

Thanks Kim for doing this. It was a blast. I can't wait until we go again!

Sheri said...

I think the beach would've been my favorite too. Those pics Brian took are good!

LauraB said...

I love the picture of Joe sitting in the water!

You make me want to pack up and go sit on the beach - I've always like sitting by the water. It's so calming.

Merilee said...

I love the beach too. I also love that is is only an hour away from our house. I can't believe that Darrion's preparations worked for the star wars thing. That is so awesome! Was Joe jealous?

ducklips said...

I can't wait to take my kids to Disney Land. I know, I am a mean mom who never has.
I love the beach too. The sound of the waves and the sand between my toes. That's my fave.

Thanks for the note. I promise not to rush you. I never want to make anyone feel behind schedule.

Trina said...

The pictures are beautiful! I had no idea Brian was so artsy! No wonder Joe has so much talent, it comes from both sides!

Brian said...

Artsy, Fartsy...I have no talent!

Trina said...

Whatever dude!