Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Random

Ok, so my friend Amy tagged me. She actually tagged me on January 18th and I am just getting around to responding. That is totally indicative (did I spell that right?) of my personality. I mean well, it just takes me a while to get things accomplished. This is similar to a tag I did previously. In that one I had to list 5 things people probably don't know about me. It is also similar to the one Sheri just did on her blog. In this one I have to list 7 random things. I seriously tried to be random and I quickly wrote down the first 7 things that popped into my mind. I didn't think about it or edit at all. Here goes:


1. I love milk. I hated it as a kid, so I don't know why I like it so much now, but I do.

2. I have super dry skin, but I hate lotion, so, oh well!

3. I wish I had strawberry blonde hair.

4. I ran a 5k at Disneyland and it was soooo fun. I want to do the 1/2 marathon this year.

5. Someday I want to run the San Diego Marathon. I know it's hard to believe, considering the shape I'm in, but someday... Anyone who wants to run with me is invited.

6. I love the movie "French Kiss". I could watch it over and over again.

7. I'm addicted to "The Amazing Race". It would be my dream to be on that show. My 2nd favorite team of TK and Rachel won this year. Woo hoo!

So that's it. Also, when I was on Amy's blog she had a fun feature that I wanted to share with you guys, so I took this right off of her blog. I hope that is ok. Here it is:

It’s the Random Album Cover Game! A great exercise in creativity.

This requires three random things. But wait, here’s what you’re supposed to do (I promise I didn’t cheat on mine):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random The first article on this page is your band name. (If it’s a real band or musician, you might want to cheat and hit refresh.)

http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3 Scroll down - the last four words of the last article are the title of your album.

http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/ Whatever the third picture is - that’s the album cover.

Now, put it all together in your favorite image editing program(s)… It’s fun!

I did it twice. Here is what I came up with. ( It would have been better if I could edit it and put the name of the band and album on the actual picture, but I am having trouble with my photo shop.) Which one do you like best?

Band Name: Bergelmir

Album title: They Chose Each Other

Album cover:




I thought it was interesting that this picture came up. Bergelmir is from Norse Mythology. He is a frost giant. I thought the picture was fitting.








Here was my second try:

Band name: State Route 55

Album title: Of It's Ugly Side

Album cover:

This is fun. Try it out and let me know what you come up with.
On a side note, I was finally released as cubmaster of cub scout pack 888! After three years, all I can say is woo hoo!
Have an awesome day!

14 comments:

Darrel said...

Kim, I tried your little game and the name of my band is Alanine-oxo-acid transaminase and my album title is "Of the Human Brain." Sorry I can't show the album cover, but it is fitting.

Unknown said...

Congrats on being released that is awesome. I will have to try the band thing but I haven't. That is so awesome you want to run a marathon. After doing a 1/2 I don't think a whole marathon sounds that cool but I will try it. I would love to run with you.. anytime.

Anonymous said...

I am ready June 1, 2008 lets do the marathon training starts tomorrow

Brian said...

Where is this marathon? June 1st...it better NOT be in AZ.

Anonymous said...

That's the marathon in San Diego, the Rock'N Roll marathon
where the streets are lined with rock bands the whole way through San Diego. No better time then the present to accomplish your goals

Anonymous said...

Brian,
Also I know you are an Elvis fan and they are trying to set the record for most Elvi to run a marathon. So you can sign up to dress up like Elvis and run and you even get to go to your own Elvis party event along with the marathon.

Brian said...

Sweeeeeeeeeet.

Teresa said...

I'm impressed with that level of discipline! Why Elvis? Are they trying to inspire people to run faster?

Trina said...

Yae! For you! I want to run the San Diego marathon with you. I think I will do the St. George one this year! And I love French Kiss too both the movie and the action:)

Brian said...

Trina....WOW! NICE!!

Sheri said...

Milk? I never knew.

Merilee said...

wow, nice randomness. Unfortunately, I can't relate to any of them. I guess French Kiss was pretty good.

I'm too much of a computer retard. I don't know how to do that album cover thing.

My kids are in troop 888 up here. Weird. I can definitely understand where your release joy comes from. Chris narrowly escaped a scouts calling last night. He has school the night they meet.

ducklips said...

Congrats on the release! That is a busy calling. I can't believe they had you in there for 3 years. I know Nancy Nienstedt will be sad though.

I so want to run the marathon w/ you. I need to get my running shoes back together though. I was considering running the 5k at the Ostrich Festival. Want to run with?

prism said...

I'm so glad you decided to play along. Uncanny how often the picture seems to just "go" with the band name, huh?

I'm impressed - I never knew you ran a 5k. I didn't know you loved milk. I used to, but don't anymore. ick.