Saturday, August 9, 2008

California Dreaming



Yesterday was a LONG, HOT day.  This picture is what got me through.  When I was mowing my mom's lawn for an hour in the extreme heat, this is what I thought of.   When I was sweeping the front porch, this is what I thought of.   When I was folding laundry and doing dishes, this is what I thought of.   When I was waiting in the line for 20 minutes to pick up Joe from school, this is what I thought of.  

I am happiest when I am sitting at the beach, with my toes in the sand, watching the sun set.  I have been dreaming of California all day.  I need to stick my toes in the sand.

11 comments:

Merilee said...

My toes in the sand sounds nice!

Teresa said...

I'm with you! The beach is the best place to be.

Sheri said...

That does sound heavenly...

Does Brian do anything around the house?

LauraB said...

Oooooo...just wait folks, it's coming...

Brian said...

Can you hear it???? It's the sound of me getting ready to rip Sheri a new one....it's coming!

Kim said...

Brian is at work all day, and when he comes home, he usually takes care of dinner or goes grocery shopping for me. He also gets up in the morning and makes sure Joe gets ready for school, and then he takes him to school so I don't have to. So, YES, he is VERY helpful. I'm pretty spoiled.

ducklips said...

That looks so amazing. It's perfect too since I am sitting here planning a vacation to California.
So I thought I'd ask the queen of Disneyland trips. Have any advice for me? Where to stay, eat, tickets, etc...?

Sheri said...

I was totally joking! Sheez, people.

Becca said...

Can I come?

Kim said...

Elise, Brian is the one who usually does all of the planning. If we've got the money we like to stay at the Embassy Suites. It's nice because they have free breakfast in the morning - one less meal to worry about. If we are trying to conserve, then he usually books something off of hotwire, or one of those other similar sites.

Tim said...

I am already at the beach. Also, I haven't been in 100 degree weather for almost a year now - how sweet is that?