Monday, August 18, 2008

Thanks Brian!

So, my husband watches a lot of sports - A LOT! He would probably disagree and say that he doesn't watch enough. Anyway, he is not picky about what he watches. He loves all sports - baseball, basketball, football, you name it. But, when the big 3 are not available, he will watch whatever sport is. I've caught him watching ping pong , bowling and even billiards on a few occasions.

So, it was no surprise a few weeks ago when I walked into the bedroom and he was watching tennis. Normally, I would roll my eyes and make some remark about how it's just a ball going back and forth and back and forth over the net. Nothing really exciting there. But then I saw who was playing.

And so we have my new celebrity crush - Spanish tennis player Rafael Nadal.

Exhibit 1:
As I was folding laundry and secretly watching the tennis match, Brian noticed I hadn't made any snotty remarks about lame sports. I casually asked who was playing. He could see right through me. I finally fessed up and said I thought he was cute and I may have made some offhand remark about how I'd just like to touch those arm muscles once. He won his match, by the way. I think it was the final match of Wimbeldon. It could have been the French Open. He won that too. And, just today he won the Olympic gold medal for tennis, and is now officially the #1 ranked tennis player in the world.

Much to my surprise, this is what I found as my screen saver this morning when I logged on to my computer. Brian had posted these 3 pictures and now they rotate as my screen saver.

Thanks Brian. You Rock! I'll watch Tennis with you anytime!

6 comments:

Brian said...

Touch those shoulder once??? Kim, if everyone could see your face when you see him, they would know that you don't just want to casually touch his arm. That's cool with me. Next you are getting your Scarlett Johansson screensaver!

Trina said...

That is so funny! That was awefully nice of Brian!

Sheri said...

Not bad, Kim. I wouldn't mind stroking those biceps, either.

Teresa said...

Very cute!

Jamie said...

Great addition to your team, Kim!

Sheri said...

kim, that's just a tennis ball in his pocket in that bottom picture.